The ground breakers, the innovators… who’s inspired you?
ISTE Making IT Happen Award and The Frank Watson Award will be presented at Vermont Fest!
VITA-Learn is please to recognize educators and leaders with an ISTE Making IT Happen Award and Frank Watson Award for their commitment and innovation in the field of educational technology integration in K-12 schools.
- Nominate someone for the Frank Watson Lifetime Achievement Award
- Nominate someone for the ISTE Making IT Happen!
ISTE Making IT Happen Award
– Recipients of are educators who:
– Apply available technology now
– Move forward and don’t look back
– See students as real people – Teach through relationships, inspiring, encouraging, nurturing
– Recognize that further change is necessary but understand that it is a process
– Realize that teacher empowerment is the key element in technology integration
– Expect success
The Frank Watson Award
Frank Watson is an educational technology advocate who has been involved in education for over 50 years. Frank served as Executive Director of the Vermont Institute for Science, Math, and Technology (VISMT), Executive Director of VITA-Learn, and directed the University of Vermont College of Education Information Technology Program. Now retired, he continues to advocate for the best in education practice.
The award is presented to a person whose many years of devoted service, vision and leadership have significantly advanced Vermont educational technology at the local, regional and state level.